Assistant/Associate Director for Athletics Communications will serve as the primary communications contact for OU’s women's basketball program and other sport(s) as assigned. Serve in a supervisory role with research fellows and student assistants. Create unique written content, features and releases, design media guides, compile statistics, oversee/execute website and social media content, arrange media interviews, conduct interviews, travel to away events, etc. Assist in all aspects of office activity and in coverage of other sports and events as required.
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong initiative to solve problems.
- Able to work well with interdepartmental teams and initiatives.
- Ability and willingness to build rapport with diverse group of student athletes, coaches, administrators, media, and other key constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and engage a variety of stakeholders, particularly students and other on campus groups.
- Master's Degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Experience working with coaching staff and administrators.
- Working knowledge of university, Big 12, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience as a lead basketball contact.