Reporting to the Vice President of Athletics, the Assistant/Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance will direct and enforce the Athletics department’s compliance with NCAA, conference and University rules/regulations and oversee the planning and implementation of strategies conducive to the academic, athletic and personal development of student-athletes.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the NCAA IRL list for all prospective student athletes;
- Monitor all official visits of prospective student athletes;
- Issuing of all National Letter of Intents for qualified prospective student athletes;
- Coordinate with the Faculty Athletic Representative the coaches recruiting exam, annual student-athlete; surveys and other material as defined by the NCAA;
- Report any institutional violations to the conference office and/or the NCAA;
- Submit NCAA waivers for either prospective student athletes or current student athletes;
- Communicates and educates NCAA rules with the athletic department staff, student athletes and key departments on campus;
- Maintain the NCAA squad lists for each team with continuous review throughout the year to confirm eligibility.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred supplemented by 3-5 year of Compliance related experience in athletics administration or a related field.
- Proficient knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required; previous NCAA compliance experience preferred.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Word and Excel.