The department of Athletics at West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for an Assistant or Associate Director of Marketing.
What You'll Do:
- Direct ticket marketing campaigns for women’s basketball or baseball, volleyball, the Mountaineer Kids Club, men’s soccer & wrestling and other varsity sports as assigned and special events, including season ticket sales, single game ticket sales, group ticket sales and game promotions. Duties include developing and tracking mailings and email campaigns, media and telemarketing schedules, and working with outside promotional sponsors.
- Provide oversite Graduate Assistant program for sports marketing.
- Direct postseason ticket marketing campaigns in women’s basketball or baseball, volleyball, men’s soccer & wrestling and other varsity sports as assigned and special events, including developing the allocation plan, developing and tracking mailings, and sales schedule. Must possess interpersonal skills, ability to logically plan and ability to understand technical material.
- Direct group, season and single game ticket sales and solicit contributions for assigned sports by personal contact via travel and telephone. Sales goals will be established and performance will be evaluated upon those goals.
- Serve as a primary marketing and promotional representative for assigned varsity sports programs (rifle, swimming, track, cross country and rowing). Serve as a liaison to staff, ticket office, athletics communications, coaches, and student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in sports administration, business administration, marketing or similar field or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience. Masters in related field and equivalent experience will be considered.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in collegiate athletics marketing, preferably at the Division I level.
- Experience as a Graduate Assistant is acceptable.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference guidelines, policies, rules and regulations with the ability to interpret, apply, enforce and explain such policies and rules.
Swim Coach new