The high school assistant coach, in collaboration with the head coach, under the direction of the athletic director, is responsible for the growth and development of student athletes by focusing on fundamental skills instruction with an emphasis on discipling and mentoring student-athletes. The assistant coach is expected to contribute towards a program that reflects the highest standards of conduct and CAK’s core values.
- CPR, AED, First Aid certification.
- Attend all games (both home and away) continuing through the conclusion of any post-season tournament(s).
- May be asked to operate school vehicle to games/events.
- Ability to exercise discretion and utmost professionalism in confidential and sensitive student/family matters.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prepare successful practice/rehearsals and game/performance plans.
- Provide leadership and guidance to student-athletes.
- Encourage student participation and establish rapport.
- Motivate participants/athletes to achieve maximum potential.
- Maintain equipment and uniforms.
- Supervise all areas of participation including but not limited to gyms, fields, arenas, theater, locker or dressing rooms, buses, etc.
- Supervise student-athletes before and after practices / games.
- Work collaboratively with staff, Activities Director, families, and community resources.