Serves as a varsity assistant coach within the Department of Athletics and Recreation. Assumes additional secondary duties as assigned by the AVP, Athletics and Athletic Advancement or their designee.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborates with the head coach on all aspects of the management and direction of the program in conjunction with the overall strategic plan for Athletics; assumes the duties of the head coach in their absence.
- Assists in planning and coaching practice sessions and games as directed by the head coach; teaches advanced-level skills and game strategies.
- Counsels students on general and sport-related matters. Makes student referrals to appropriate student support resources and offices as necessary.
- Assists in the monitoring of academic progress of student athletes; collaborates with class deans; serves as a mentor to athletes helping to resolve academic and non-academic issues; makes themselves available to coaches and players before, during, and after practices, games, and events.
- Develops and maintains liaison relationship with Health Services, Residential Education, Student Activities and Leadership Programs, and other appropriate departments to facilitate program development and management for student athletes.
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1-3 years of previous coaching experience.
- Hepatitis B vaccination and training in compliance with OSHA regulations; must maintain both throughout time in the position.
- Must obtain/maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Compliance with all NCAA, NEWMAC, and Babson College rules.
- Contributes to a culture of inclusion and belongingness for all staff members, student-athletes, prospective student-athletes and stakeholders of the department.
- Commitment to working with a diverse student body, staff, and other constituents.