The Assistant Athletic Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for assisting the Head Athletic Coach with student-athletes participating in College-sponsored intercollegiate athletic teams and supporting the mission of Yavapai College Athletics.
- Prepares and executes a practice plan with specific guidelines to be followed.
- Participates in recruiting efforts.
- Coordinates and maintains playing field/court.
- Prepares training room facilities as well as being on-call in pressing situations where Head Trainer cannot be present.
- Assists in Game Day management and execution of responsibilities on the field/court.
- Everyday responsibilities: answering phone calls, player relations, scheduling and summer camp coordination.
- Assists with student development and student athletes' academic progress and eligibility.
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in coaching/training athletics and/or mentoring student athletes.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Arizona Driver's License with the ability to demonstrate an acceptable driving record.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties.