The Assistant Athletic Communications Director supports the athletic department with videography, webcasting, development, promotion and execution of all athletic communications in compliance with the policies of the university, the NSIC and the NCAA. A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s ‘Greatness Through Virtue’ whole-person development model.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide videography and assist with photography for all sports, and athletic events that will include game preview, game recaps, highlight videos, Armada Flagship events, Night of Champions, videoboard content, webcast content.
- Responsible for set-up, tear-down of athletic events webcasting, training student workers, etc.
- Social media content creation: Assists and oversees the development and distribution of all athletic department social media platforms while assisting sport programs with their social media platforms.
- Supports the communication of assigned management of specific sport previews, statistics, game recaps and special stories or awards.
- Update GoUMary.com website (releases, schedules, rosters, etc.)
- Oversees the coordination and distribution of athletic ticketing.
- Responsible for working with each sport to create a yearly editorial calendar of goals and objectives to enhance program development in regard to video support. The Assistant Director of Athletics, Communications with the assistance of Public Affairs will assist in the execution of the calendar.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in sports management, operations management, public relations, business, communications, public administration, or other related field.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in business, fundraising, or other related field.
- Required: Previous intercollegiate athletics administration experience.
- Preferred: Working experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software (particularly Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Preferred: Experience with SIDEARM websites, NCAA Live Stats, Statcrew.
- Preferred: Previous NCAA Division II experience.
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.