Assist the District Director of Athletics/Activities in implementing the athletics and activities program(s) (grades 7-12) for the district as well as assisting in maintaining and implementing an educationally sound philosophy for the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate directly with all coaches/sponsors to insure that all students participating in activities and/or athletics are eligible per New Mexico Activities Association/Roswell Independent School District eligibility requirements.
- At the beginning of each sports season, advise coaches of requirements including physicals, insurance forms, trip tickets, leave forms, bus lists, and student excuse lists.
- Provides evaluation on all Middle School coaching personnel for that portion of their job which is involved with athletic-related programs in grades 7 and 8.
- Responsible for all out-of-town trips: a) Transportation; b) Lodging; c) Record Keeping; d) Trip sheets.
- Pay varsity officials, when assigned by the District Athletics/Activities Director.
- Coordinate with school principals the assignment of administrative supervision duties at all events.
- Assist the District Athletics/Activities Director with screening and interviewing potential activities personnel.
- Master’s degree from an accredited College or University.
- Current New Mexico Administrative license as required by the State of New Mexico.
- Current New Mexico Coaching license as required by the State of New Mexico.