- Provides direct supervision and leadership to athletic coaches, including making hire and discharge recommendations, setting performance standards, and developing, implementing and maintaining a constructive feedback program for all coaches.
- Conducts season-end performance appraisals of all varsity head coaches and ensures that appraisals on other head coaches and assistant coaches are completed.
- Reviews performance appraisals of all coaches and works with head coaches to address specific performance concerns of any of their coaching staff.
- Coaches, mentors, and motivates coaching staff to make full use of individual capabilities and skills. Ensures that regular supervision of coaches occurs during practices and games.
- In collaboration with Athletic Director, responsible for creating, aligning and maintaining the middle school athletic program.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed.
- Experience managing, mentoring and directing a large staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to relate effectively with a variety of individuals to includes students, coaches, other KS staff, physicians, parents, teachers, administrators, media personnel, alumni, etc. Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of National Federal High School Sports Rules, ILH Policies and Procedures, and HHSAA Policies and Procedures.