The Assistant Athletic Director-Academics/student Engagement reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for assisting in the operations of the department, carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish all its' objectives within the guidelines of the NAIA, Red River Athletic Conference (RRAC) and Louisiana State University of Alexandria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a comprehensive academic plan for our student-athletes through graduation.
- Implement and direct weekly department wide study halls.
- Supervise the Athletic Department Student workers including the Aquatic Club workers.
- Engage student athletes in Community involvement projects.
- Liaison with University Academy for all matters related to Athletics.
- Engage with Vice Chancellor of Student Engagement regarding engagement activities and academic advisor responsibilities.
- Be the Primary contact from Athletics with Enrollment Management and International Services.
- Valid driver license.
- A background check will be required of the successful applicant.
- Bachelor's degree.