The Sports Information Department at Lees-McRae College is the hub for all internal and external communication efforts for 21 NCAA Division II programs, Two Division I Cycling teams, and three club sport teams.
- Serve as a primary sport contact for all Lees-McRae athletic programs, while providing game-day coverage for all programs.
- Serve as a member of the athletic department leadership team.
- Coordinate and strategize on marketing and promotional opportunities.
- Conduct all aspects of pre-game, in-game, and post-game coverage for all home contests.
- Create plans to assist with raising awareness of athletic department to fully implement annually.
- Measure data of athletic communications to best support initiatives.
- Actively contribute professional content to the Lees-McRae Athletics website (www.lmcbobcats.com).
- Oversee all aspects of game-day operations, including pre-game setup, visiting team locker rooms, and post-game take down.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess undergraduate degree in sport management, communications, journalism, or another relevant major.
- Work experience in compiling game statistics for a variety of sports.
- 1-2 years' experience in athletics communications/sports information.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing and an understanding of print and broadcast journalism practices and deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess some experience in game-day operations.