The Assistant Athletic Director of Athletic Communications serves as a key leader of the content management, media relations and daily operations of CMU Athletic Communications department. Areas of leadership include development; creation and distribution of department content through traditional and emerging media; social media and website management; communication duties for assigned sport programs including men’s basketball; and gameday operation duties.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in sports management, statistics, communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- Two years of experience in collegiate athletics communications with proven experience managing teams and the day-to-day communications work in a university athletics department.
- Experience running social media accounts and providing content on social media platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of creating and editing written content
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, creates and distributes content that tells the story of the department, our student-athletes, coaches, staff, fans and alumni, which includes managing the department content committee, content scheduling and oversite of the Director of
- Creative Content position and social media team.
- Serves as the manager of all department social media accounts and our website CMUChippewas.com.
- Serves as the communication contact for selected programs, primarily men’s basketball, baseball and soccer; may also assist with other sports or supervise students handling sport communication duties.
- Oversees gameday operations for home contests including statistics, media relations, opponent relations and student staff oversight.