Under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics, to assist in the implementation and administration of the Woodhaven-Brownstown School District interscholastic athletic programs and community education program.
- MA or MS required, preference given to advanced degrees in athletics, organizational leadership, educational leadership, or other related field;
- Previous coaching experience preferred;
- Ability to be flexible, to work independently, and to contribute as a team member;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, allocate time, and maintain schedule flexibility;
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders, including coaches, parents, district administration, and community leaders;
- Other experiences or qualifications accepted at the discretion of the District.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides supervision and assistance with the District’s athletic program in coordination with the Director of Athletics.
- Assists the Director of Athletics in the evaluation of coaches.
- Provides primary direction for middle school athletic program.
- Liaison to assigned support personnel, (finance, grounds, custodial, food service, transportation, etc.).
- Develop an adult and youth, community enrichment program that meets the needs of the WBSD community.
- Uses equipment and supplies related athletic operations including scheduling software, finance software, scoreboard consoles, PA systems, etc.
- Cultivates a relationship/partnership with the local community parks and recreation programs.