Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with the rules of the Virginia High School League and the Regional and District councils.
- Helps to plan, organize, and schedule the athletic programs; supervises and prepares the athletic game fields.
- Attends County, District, Regional, and State meetings as required; promotes positive public relations.
- Helps in securing athletic practice facilities for games and practices; securing transportation for away events through the Transportation Department; orienting coaches in executing their responsibilities.
- Serves on special committees and attends work sessions involving continued growth and improvement of the total athletic program.
- Helps supervise coaches and sponsors in their co-curricular activities; inspects facilities, equipment, and supplies for the safety and well being of the participants; coordinates fundraising activities as approved by the Principal; evaluates the athletic programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal/Athletic Director.
- Has a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Has experience as a teacher, Administrator, Athletic Director, or equivalent experience, preferably with accompanying coaching experience at the secondary level.
- Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with athletes, coaches, students, school administrators, staff, parents, and the community.