The Assistant/Associate Athletic Director for Athletic Operations at Long Island University will be responsible for the overall development and management of the athletic facilities, equipment services, and game-day operations and staff.
- Manage the daily operations of facilities to ensure safety, code compliance and cleanliness.
- Act as the main point of contact with the University departments for all services and preventive maintenance
- Manage the inventory of facilities equipment and facility-specific assets.
- Manage the maintenance and repairs of all equipment and facilities as assigned.
- Oversee the process of maintenance issues from reporting through the University work order system to the repair and/or replacement of the maintenance issue.
- Responsible for scheduling of events for all facilities and space management for events.
- Maintain the facility usage calendar and/or pre-event notes to ensure all facilities are prepared for the events scheduled, working with teams and the University facility rental office.
- Manage the facility budgets as assigned, track all work orders and equipment purchases pertaining to the budget.
- Review the facility budget monthly with the Senior Leadership Team and the Business manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Athletics administrative experience preferred.
- Experience managing athletic facilities, athletic events, non-athletic events (concerts, graduations, etc.) and projects, preferably in Division I Athletics.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, careful judgment and discretion with respect to strategic and confidential material, flexibility, efficiency and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines for a wide variety of assignments.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities, as well as fiscal management of an assigned budget or event budget.
- Skill in personal computer use and software applications, including database, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing.