Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the dean, oversee the execution of evaluation procedures for all faculty and staff in the Division.
- Assist with short-term and long-term staffing levels for the division.
- Assist with eligibility, tracers, and all matters pertaining to compliance.
- Develop, direct, and supervise the activities of athletic marketing, promotions, branding, and related projects in-line with the overall branding of the district.
- Carry out initiatives to maximize attendance for home games.
- Develop and implement an effective marketing and promotions campaign.
- Assist with game management for all home contests.
- Ability to communicate with employees/students/public.
- Focus, implement, and ensure compliance with Title IX.
- Masters degree or above in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, or physiology of exercise OR the equivalent.
- Two years of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrators administrative assignment.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with federal regulations, Title IX, California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA), and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations.
- Ability to authentically care, connect, and interact with students, classified employees, and administrators, especially during a time of remote learning and operations and a "students first" and equity-focused mindset.
- A well-formed leadership philosophy, demonstrated listening skills, and experience as a successful leader who can deliver on desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader in implementing diversity, equity, and social justice actions.