Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- An extensive knowledge and background of high school athletics.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Effective, active listening skills.
- Organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of child development and an understanding of age appropriate tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Interacts in a positive manner with staff, parents and students.
- Be responsible in assisting high school athletic director in the management of athletic facilities.
- Assist in event preparation and planning.
- Assist in management of events as site manager when needed.
- Assist in the preparation of financial materials and documents for contests that require them.
- Be responsible for securing game help for all contests and events including ticket takers
- Security, clock operators, statisticians, spotters and other necessary game personnel as needed.
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment.
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations (i.e. emergencies, employee/parent concerns).
- Ensure the safety of students.
- Set a good moral and ethical example for athletes, the student body, and community.
It is the policy of the Marion City Schools Board of Education that the best-qualified applicant shall be selected for each position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, political affiliation, disabling or military status.