The Assistant Athletic Director (Assistant AD) will assist the Director of Athletics in the vision and leadership for SCC’s athletic programs by coordinating and managing assigned areas of intercollegiate athletics on both campuses. Specifically, the Assistant Athletic Director will be responsible for successful Athletic Department external communications across all sports and efficient coordination of designated athletic events.
- Commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and related state of Iowa Code.
- Coordinate and supervise designated aspects of intercollegiate athletics at SCC and provide leadership, guidance and support for all coaching staff and programs.
- Serve as main liaison in communication efforts in promoting, marketing, and communicating information for all athletic teams.
- Learn, apply, and ensure departmental compliance with NJCAA and ICCAC regulations; SCC Board Polices and Institutional Guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrate visible leadership toward building a collaborative, unified and positive team working environment both within the department and across the institution.
- Develop, implement, communicate, and role-model athletic department philosophy and goals with the SCC administration, staff, faculty, student-athletes and alumni.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 yrs. athletic administration, sports management or other related athletic experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, parents, colleagues and community.
- Self-motivated, energetic and creative individual with proven planning, organization, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated success and integrity in managing external communications.
- Demonstrated leadership and organization skills in successfully managing athletic events.