The Assistant Athletic Director works closely with the Athletic Director and other administrators to assist in organizing, supervising, and coordinating the interscholastic athletic program, and helps develop and maintain the athletic program to achieve the proper relationship with the total school program.
- Registered Athletic Administrator (RAA) certification required, Certified Athletic Administrator (CAA) preferred;
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, from an accredited college or university, in Physical Education, or a related field;
- Experience using MUNIS and SchoolDude software considered a plus;
- Teaching experience and experience coaching at the varsity high school level preferred. Experience in athletic administration a plus.
- Helps coordinatethe staffing of home athletic events and makes arrangements with various stakeholders for preparation and services in connection with home events;
- Ensures compliance with eligibility and other rules, laws, and policies governing athletics, including verifying that all students participating in athletic events are academically eligible, and have been appropriately screened by the trainer for medical verification;
- Assists in managing the annual Athletic department budget, as it relates to equipment needs. Recommends purchase and maintenance of athletic equipment, uniforms, and supplies, and processes payment for these equipment purchases;
- Reviews and approves vouchers and payments for athletic event staff and game officials;
- Helps maintain the schedule of games and related transportation schedules;
- Oversees Wellness Center and assists in managing staff;
- Other duties, as assigned.