The Caltech Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation is an NCAA member at the D3 level and is committed to implement our 16 intercollegiate teams in a safe, effective and ethical manner, placing emphasis on wholistic education and development of our amazing scholar-athletes. This position is a critical coordinating, facilitating and monitoring role on our departmental team so that our coaches and programs work in a highly collaborative and responsible manner within the spirit and rules of the NCAA, SCIAC, Institute and state.
Essential Job Duties:
- Facilitate a compliant department environment.
- Oversee NCAA and SCIAC rules education program, including quarterly staff meetings and maintaining resources for staff.
- Responsible for rules interpretation and monitoring, using LSDBi and other resources; administer staff rules test.
- Assist the Director with filing of mandatory certifications and requirements of NCAA membership (sport sponsorship survey, coaches' rules test, compliance certification, T9 attestation, graduation rate report, financial aid report, annual convention attendance, regional rules seminar, EADA report).
- Curate an annual binder of important documents, including all NCAA reports and requirements, season declarations and certified student rosters, any waivers granted or other regulatory documents.
- Coordinate student-athlete eligibility certification.
- Certify and maintain student-athlete eligibility database required affirmations and educational requirements.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years of applicable experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Strong general computer, software, technology and specific database management skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA D3 rules, regulations and procedures required.
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively; work effectively and independently within a collaborative team; organized and able to work within quickly emerging changing priorities. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Above reproach in integrity, awareness of all legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with students, staff, faculty, alumni and community members.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cultivate positive relationships with every level of the organization through excellent problem solving and conflict management skills.