The Assistant Athletic Director shall have the responsibility of assisting the Athletic Director and other athletic staff in the planning and management of the Capitol Region Education Council interscholastic varsity, junior varsity and freshman athletic program with a focus on the RFP #838 for Sheff Athletic Support Magnet Schools Grant and to improve compliance outcomes, support students and social emotional learning and advance student’s education experience.
- Assists the Athletic Director in the tracking of RFP #838 for Sheff Region Athletic Support for Magnet Schools Grant. This includes purchasing, salaries, school allocation, etc.
- Assists school-based athletic staffing with their daily responsibilities, especially those added due to the RFP #838 for Sheff Region Athletic Support for Magnet Schools Grant.
- Assists the Athletic Director in supervising the High School and Middle School athletic programs in coordination with the Principal, Superintendent and others, including recommending policies and procedures relating to the athletic programs with an added focus on new programs added because of the RFP #838 for Sheff Region Athletic Support for Magnet Schools Grant.
- Assists the Athletic Director in the coordination of transportation for all athletic contests.
- Assists the Athletic Director in coordination of support personnel for all athletic contests, including game management, ticket sales, security, athletic trainer and emergency personnel and apparatus.
- Assists the Athletic Director in the supervision of the athletic coaches.
- Implements and monitors usage of the Athletic Code of conduct.
- Assists the Athletic Director in the supervision of contests.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of athletics, athletic programs, and physical fitness.
- Ability to evaluate, develop and implement athletic programs, activities and events, and make effective recommendations related to those areas.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to leadership, performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.