Under the direction of the Dean of Physical Education/Athletic Director, the Assistant Athletic Director will be responsible for creating athletic marketing and promotions materials and event management. The Assistant Athletic Director will attend and actively contribute to the Athletic Department staff meetings and provide feedback, make recommendations on new policies, procedures, programs, and services for continual improvement, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop, direct, and supervise the activities of athletic marketing, promotions, branding, and related projects in-line with the overall branding of the district.
- Carry out initiatives to maximize attendance for home events.
- Manage and improve the athletic department's website.
- Manage, develop, and improve the athletic department's social media accounts and support all other athletic programs' social media accounts.
- Develop and implement an effective marketing and promotions program.
- Integrate the role of intercollegiate athletics with the District's mission by maintaining academically and ethically sound programs.
- Coordinate highlight video production for COS student-athletes for the purpose of recruitment.
- Hire, supervise, and coordinate game management staff for COS Athletic Events.
- Be the site supervisor at COS athletic contests.
- Master Degree.
- Experience working within an athletic program.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.