Southwest Virginia Community College invites applications for an Assistant Athletic Director. The Assistant AD seeks to build and develop credible & sustainable relationships to generate financial support for Southwest Athletics through the discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gift prospects and donors. This position will be responsible for leading the annual fundraising efforts of the Athletic Department through retention, engagement and growth strategies and will work closely with the AD assisting in the supervision and leadership of the Athletic Department.
- Considerable knowledge of various athletic and sports programs, intramurals, extra-curricular activities, support for athletes, athletic rules, regulations and equipment, facilities, and budget preparation and maintenance requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of arranging travel, scheduling, records maintenance and report preparation.
- Knowledge of students accounts and the financial process including budget preparation.
- Ability to instruct students in various athletic and sports activities.
- Ability to supervise personnel in multiple operational units and participate in the operational and maintenance work requirements.
- Ability to initiate work plans and instruct personnel in proper procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and the public.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement sports rules and regulations.
- Ability to coordinate with public relations and media for promotions of athletic events, student-athletes, and international students.
- Knowledge of student activities and special events throughout a campus setting.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.