Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An extensive knowledge and background of high school athletics.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Effective, active listening skills.
- Organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of child development and an understanding of age appropriate tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Interacts in a positive manner with staff, parents and students.
- Assist in event preparation and planning.
- Assist in management of events as site manager when needed.
- Assist in the preparation of financial materials and documents for contests that require them.
- Be responsible for securing game help for all contests and events including ticket takers.
- Security, clock operators, statisticians, spotters and other necessary game personnel as needed.
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment.
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations (i.e. emergencies, employee/parent concerns).
- Ensure the safety of students.
- Set a good moral and ethical example for athletes, the student body, and community.
- Follow the athletic policy so there will be consistency in dealing with athletes in a fair and firm manner.
It is the policy of the Marion City Schools Board of Education that the best-qualified applicant shall be selected for each position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, political affiliation, disabling or military status. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to participate in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made.