The Maryland School for the Deaf (MSD) is a diverse, bilingual community who in partnership with families, provides an equitable and exemplary education in a nurturing, engaging, and challenging environment to ensure our students achieve personal excellence and become lifelong learners. As such, we are looking for dedicated individuals who can join us in the education of the children at MSD.
- Maintains the Middle School athletic program at the Columbia Campus;
- Assesses emergency and crisis situations, makes appropriate contacts and referrals, and provides interim emergency medical and other assistance until specialized assistance is available;
- Hires and supervises coaches;
- May be expected to participate in the development of training and workshops for the coaches;
- Maintains strict confidentiality of students, as well as school personnel information;
- Collaborates with the Office of Student Affairs on MSD’s master schedule;
- Works with the Director of Public Relations and FC Assistant Athletic Director on coordinating and disseminating athletic news and events by writing stories and posting on social media, including filming and editing video clips;
- Supports the design of social media graphics for game day announcements and to recognize accomplishments of student-athletes, coaches, and staff members;
- Organizes media/photo days for each sport; works with a photographer.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; willingness to work towards Master’s Degree or Certification of RMSAA (Registered Middle School Athletic Administrator).
- Background in Sports Management or related fields preferred.
- Fluency in ASL, written English, and knowledge of Deaf community required.