The Assistant Athletic Director will provide administrative support for the supervision, planning, implementation and assessment of the interscholastic athletic program at Danvers High School. This person will promote participation in extra-curricular activity fostering commitment, sportsmanship, teamwork, skill development, and respect.
- Work with students, parents, faculty, and administrators as part of the Athletic Office administrative team.
- Oversee seasonal athletic registration process.
- Assist with the screening, selection, and assignment of coaches and staff.
- Coordinate gameday staff/officials/ticket takers and oversee gameday logistics.
- Initiate bi-weekly payroll process.
- Arrange weekly athletic transportation for games and special events.
- Maintain facility practice/game schedules ensuring equitable usage.
- Maintain updated athletics website and scheduler.
- Assist with messaging via social media and other outlets.
- Game-day Operations: work as primary supervisor or assistant at games during both regular and post-season competitions (night and weekend work required).
- Attend school, league, MIAA meetings when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Sports Management, Physical Education, Business or a related field from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree in Athletic Administration preferred.
- Fundamentals of Coaching certified.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work well with administration, teachers, coaches, students, and parents.
- Strong organization and technology skills preferred.
- Must be able to work outside in adverse weather conditions, lift up to twenty-five pounds from floor to overhead, ability to travel to schools and athletic facilities within the district and to all athletic events and related travel.
- Work schedule includes nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.