This position assists the Athletic Director with the athletics programs and activities; provides information and serves as a resource. Assists to achieve defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintain services in compliance with established guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the selection of coaches.
- Coordinate the hiring process of coaches in assigned sport.
- Work with coaches to maintain the total athletic program.
- Assist in the evaluation of the coaching staff.
- Coordinate athletic events with calendars of the school system and high school.
- Check facilities before athletic events in sports assigned.
- Assist in the coordination of athletic award programs.
- Keep up to date on all IHSAA eligibility and certification dates.
- Keep up to date on all IHSAA rules and regulations. Including new legislation.
- Schedule & coordinate all transportation requests for the entire athletic department.
- Attend all IHSAA, Marion County, Conference Indiana meetings.
- Coordinate all Vertical Alignment Responsibilities with the Middle School.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of athletics, athletic programs, and physical fitness.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding school district athletic programs, safety and health, and other areas under responsibility.
- Ability to assist on the planning of projects and programs.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to assist on the evaluation, development and implementation of athletic programs, activities and events, and make effective recommendations related to those areas.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.