This is a full-time, 11-month position that reports directly to the Director of Athletics. The Assistant Athletic Director provides administrative and operational support to the Director of Athletics, Middle School Athletic Director, athletics staff, coaches, students, faculty, staff, parents, upper school registrar, and other constituents to support the daily functions, success and growth of the Athletics Department.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Athletics, Middle School Athletic Director, and Lower School Athletic Director in all aspects of athletics operations.
- Ensure that all students are participating in the athletic program as prescribed by Colorado Academy, and tracking eligibility of athletes each trimester.
- Ensure that all non-CA students participating in the athletic program have met all CHSAA requirements, and tracking of eligibility of athletes each trimester.
- Ensure coaches have met all coaching requirements for Colorado Academy and CHSAA each season.
- Responsible for keeping a record of all awards and accomplishments (Team, Individual, Coaches, etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of US Athletic Banquets.
- Ensure US Independent Athletic Credit requests are processed each trimester.
- Provide supervision and support for coaches and the Upper School athletic program including communication, scheduling, transportation, rosters, social media content, and creation of sports pages.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to three years of administrative and event planning experience (or equivalent educational experience) required.
- Experience working with children.
- Prior experience in a sport-related field and/or knowledge and experience in the operations of K-12 level education-based athletics is strongly preferred.
- Experience creating informational and promotional materials (e.g., signs, flyers, brochures).
- Knowledge of office administration and common office machinery (computer, copier, printers, telephones, etc.)
- Efficient in email management and managing emails in a timely manner.
- Motor vehicle record must meet standards.