Penn State Wilkes-Barre is seeking an Assistant Athletic Director. This position is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day athletic operations and serving as a liaison between Athletics and Strategic Communications to enhance the marketing of the department through the campus website and social media. The Assistant Athletic Director will collaborate with the athletic department personnel and the marketing team to create, manage, and review new marketing and social media content.
- Coordinating practice times and game schedules with all sports teams.
- Communicate practice/games schedules with the facilities department to ensure all fields are maintained and in proper condition for practice/games.
- Manage budget and expenditures to ensure compliance with University, PSUAC, and USCAA rules and regulations.
- Participate in training to stay abreast of the newest and most recent form of processing expenditures to allow for the department to become more cost-efficient.
- Purchase all items needed for departments and process SAP Concur and SIMBA reports for all purchases.
- Process payments to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Attend home athletic events manage student workers and keep official statistics at home events.
- Assist in coordinating PA announcing and scoreboard operation.
- This position will also manage the scheduling of all athletic part-time workers including student workers ensuring that all home games are staffed appropriately.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.