Assist the Athletic Director in carrying out all assigned and auxiliary duties pertaining to the administration of the Maryville College Athletics Department. Specific duties include but are not limited to oversight of student-athlete health and safety, serving as a liaison to campus partners, developing community partnerships, ensuring compliance with NCAA, USA South Athletic Conference, and College policies and procedures; contract administration; strategic planning and assessment; budget planning; and personnel oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee student-athletes health, safety, and performance initiatives including athletic training and strength and conditioning.
- Maintain accurate record keeping, including team rosters and schedules.
- Develop partnerships on campus for Athletic department sponsorships.
- Assist in all aspects of the Athletic department’s compliance efforts for its 14 varsity sports and associated student-athletes within Maryville College, USA South Athletic Conference, and NCAA guidelines.
- Responsible for submitting NCAA post season bids and oversight of USAS championship budgets as a host site and billing and expense collection of championships.
- Serve as the liaison to the Registrar’s Office and Academic Support offices.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree required – Master’s preferred. Minimum of three years of experience in collegiate athletics administration required. Demonstrated understanding of Division III compliance requirements, contract administration, strategic planning, and assessment. Demonstrated experience with staff supervision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.