Morningside University is accepting applications for the full time position of Assistant Athletic Director. This position is responsible for assisting the Athletic Director in the day to day management of the Athletic Department.
- Coordinates with campus service providers for necessary program support services; including, facilities arrangements (program/facility set ups), maintenance or buildings service needs, and other services. Submits and processes all work orders for events, maintenance and repairs.
- Assists with the departmental operating budget; establish and monitors budgets, tracks event expenses and event progress; updates timelines and game-day protocol sheets; and facilities briefings.
- Coordinates all home game event activities and technical needs. Assists with all aspects of events including customer service, crowd control and staff issues.
- Serves as a liaison for internal departments, outside community/agencies vendors and designated Athletic Apparel Sponsor/Contract. Represents the department with the NAIA, Great Plains Athletic Conference as requested.
- Reviews and verifies correctness of invoices for payment.
- Must possess the ability to work well with students, staff, and the public.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, motor vehicle liability insurance and personal injury insurance.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including events that may occur on weeknights, weekends, and possibly holidays.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Knowledge of basic NAIA rules and legislation.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and a demonstration of a service-oriented and cooperative spirit.
- Strong computer skills.