Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors student-athletes NCAA progress toward degree and graduation requirements. Implements learning intensive plans and monitors high risk student-athlete population on a weekly basis. Responsible for the management of weekly study hall and tutoring program.
- Monitor academic eligibility, grades, course selection and progress toward graduation. Counsel and advise students.
- Oversee the admissions process for all prospective student athletes. Meet and provide NCAA and UIC information to prospective students and parents. Evaluate incoming prospective student athletes' transcripts.
- Serve as departmental liaison and contact person to admissions, student affairs and academic affairs departments to provide information and resolve issues and problems. Serve as liaison between students and faculty.
- Monitor academic requirements set forth by the NCAA. Prepare and submit required NCAA information and reports.
- Adhere to all University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Increase awareness of academic success of student athletes through workshops, academic banquets and student athlete orientated events.
- Bachelor's degree in education, liberal arts or a related field. Knowledge of Conference rules
- Knowledge of university requirements for admissions, satisfactory progress and
- Direct knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- A minimum of five years are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates.