Manhattan College an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), is seeking a qualified candidate for a 12 month, full-time position of Assistant Athletic Director of Athletics for Athletic Facilities and Events for 19 varsity sports.
- Train and oversee graduate students, student workers and event staff and personnel.
- Responsible for pregame set up, game day presentation, breakdown and clean up.
- Contact all visiting teams, coaches and administrators before hosting a home game to coordinate parking and post game needs such as locker rooms, showers and meals.
- Secure staffing for games a week prior to the event.
- Responsible for pregame, in game set up, overall fan experience as well as breakdown of facility used including the moving of bleachers in Draddy Gymnasium.
- Set up work standards, schedules, layouts, timing and rules for administering a game or event including staff positions and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of equipment and ability to on-the-spot troubleshoot a problem.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred in related area.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of full-time experience at the Division I level or related area.
- Strong attention to detail and good presentation of all facilities.
- Assertive, outgoing, and resourceful and maintain a professional demeanor when working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to foster positive relationships and create partnership with campus constituents and to work together address issues.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Required to travel while conducting daily work.
- Must have the ability and desire to work nights, weekends and some holidays when necessary.