The Assistant Athletic Director/Athletic Trainer is responsible for the administration of athletic training services for the Northern Essex Community College athletic program, serves as the athletic trainer for the intercollegiate program and all home contests. Additionally this position will assist in the administration of the college's athletic program in areas that could include areas such as recreation, compliance, academics, fundraising, equipment.
- Provide medical coverage to the intercollegiate athletic program including the prevention, education, evaluation, treatment and rehab of athletic injury.
- Stock and check out medical kits to traveling sport teams.
- Provide care for visiting teams when they are unable to provide their own medical staff.
- Facilitate educational training programs for coaches, staff and athletic personnel with regards to basic taping procedures, basic injury care, and concussion signs, symptoms, and protocols.
- Provide scheduled walk-in care hours for athletes.
- Develop, monitor and adhere to athletic training supplies budget.
- Oversee the CPR certification program for the coaching staff.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required in a related field.
- Certified as an Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification (BOC) for Athletic Trainers.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Licensure for Athletic Training
- Two (2) years' experience working with athletic teams
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.