Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President/Director of Athletics and the Senior Associate Athletic Director, the incumbent is responsible for a more strategic role in developing communications for the sole purpose of promoting and publicizing the intercollegiate athletics program through written publications and other media.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for writing/editing, and facilitating the inclusion of feature articles in local, regional and national newspapers and specialized publications.
- Facilitate postseason media requirements for teams entering CCAA and NCAA postseason.
- Responsible for the facilitation of all radio and television units from visiting institutions to CSUDH athletic events.
- Responsible for designing and printing of all schedules, posters and calendars for CSUDH athletic events and disseminating to all opposing institutions a local businesses, schools and corporations.
- Responsible for the production/creation of content for game brochures, online biographies, feature articles, recaps, previews, graphics, videos, photo shoots, Photoshop templates for website (league/national awards, community services, rankings, etc.).
- Education: Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Experience: Three years of experience or combination of experience in sports journalism, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- CA Driver License.