The Assistant Athletic Director-Communications (AADC) oversees athletic department web page and social media platforms , supervise s all game day game management staff and compile s and distribute contest statistics for all team competitions to meet NCAA and GNAC rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the coordination of on-campus and off-campus athletic events (games, invitationals, tournaments, etc.)
- Hire, train and schedule game-day staff (announcers, statisticians, clock operators, and video staff.) Oversight of ticket process for all athletic events.
- Work with other universities Sports Information Directors to satisfy team and sports information needs for road games.
- Compile and distribute sports statistics for all team competitions to meet GNAC and NCAA requirements. Taking game statistics from each contest home and away and submitting them meeting the established timelines.
- Compile statistical information and convert to appropriate format for web and other information sources.
- Upkeep of rosters, schedules, scores and stats,
REQUIREMENTS AND/OR CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Experience working in a sport media position requiring previous interaction with athletic teams, coaches, athletes and media outlets preferred.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Experience working with StatCrew, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.