Longwood University invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Assistant Athletic Director / Director of NCAA Compliance (GA308) in Athletics. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive NCAA Compliance program for Longwood University, serving as department liaison and coordinator for student services needs including housing, admissions, financial aid, and registrar.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administer effective rules education program for all University personnel, athletics department staff, student-athletes, and other constituents with regard to NCAA rules and regulations and University policies and procedures that promote a culture on institutional compliance.
- Administer effective monitoring program for areas of NCAA compliance, including, but not limited to personnel, amateurism, recruiting, eligibility, playing and practice seasons, awards and benefits, financial aid, NCAA championships, and NCAA membership.
- Implement processes and workflow (using ARMS software); monitor compliance activities in ARMS.
- Investigate possible NCAA rules violations and report confirmed violations to appropriate conference and NCAA offices.
- Master's degree in Athletic Administration, Sports Management, Business Administration or related field preferred, or similar Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of work experience and/or training.
- Minimum three years experience in athletics compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills.