This position directs all aspects of the Athletic Department’s team equipment services function, which entails supervision of athletic equipment issues, coordination of equipment purchasing, equipment maintenance & repair, laundry services, equipment storage, safety and quality assurance, and inventory management as well as related duties associated with the support of daily practices, home competitions and away football games.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of the athletic department equipment operations.
- Manages and oversees the issuing of all practice and game equipment to student-athletes; provides proper fitting equipment; launders all uniforms and practice gear; prepares and packs all gear for home and away contests and assigns and checks in all athletic lockers.
- Supervises, provides training and direction, and evaluates full-time and part-time staff, student assistants, and team managers in support of the department equipment operations for 18 sports programs.
- Works cooperatively with coaches and administration to support strategic planning, budget management, crisis management, review, and analysis for all areas related to the administration of the equipment room operations.
- Provides in-service training for the use of equipment to student-athletes, coaches, visiting teams, and equipment room assistants.
- Manages home game operations in compliance with Hampton University, CAA, and NCAA game operations and facility use guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance with NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations.
- Experience and knowledge in the management and maintenance of athletic team equipment and uniforms.
- Excellent communication skills to work as a high-level customer service representative for event patrons.
- Knowledge of supervisory skills.