- Serve as the technical mentor and main contact for student-athletes as it relates to academic success.
- Organize and maintain all academic support programs.
- Serve as the liaison to other university departments and faculty and staff regarding academic progress.
- Collects and analysis tactical and statistical data on each student-athlete and designs plans and strategies for a path to graduation.
- Establish strong communication skills with coaches on student-athlete progress.
- Assist with on campus recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Provide direction and guidance regarding planning and implementation of new NCAA and GLVC rules as they pertain to academic and eligibility requirements with other departments on campus.
- Evaluate unofficial transcripts on potential freshman and transfer student athletes.
- Serve as designated contact for UMSL Early Alert Program.
- Directs the operations of the Program for Academic Success (PASS).
- Minimum of two years as an academic counselor.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A minimum of four years in a collegiate environment.
- Involvement with athletics or a former student athlete
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.