Reporting to the Associate Director of Athletics, the Assistant Athletic Director for Athletic Communications will assist in all a public relations functions of the athletic department with the goal of increasing the profile and visibility of the IU Northwest RedHawks Athletics program and enhancement of the student athlete experience.
- Manages all website content and design, all marketing materials and public communication documents for athletics (printed and web),
- Manages all in game statistical needs as well as game recaps, game programs, scripts for PA announcer, in game promotions and overall coordination of in game event management.
- Documents all records and historical milestones.
- Manages all media contacts and building relations with various local and regional outlets.
- Serves as liaison to IU Northwest media and marketing office for athletic communication, liaison with WJOB for broadcasts and any use of TV studio.
- Manages all video and broadcasting content including hiring and staffing play by play broadcasters and video operators, table crews/press box staff.
- Develops video content for website. Assist in development of a cohesive social media plan and execution.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- 4 years in relevant field.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Possesses a high degree of initiative.