The University of West Alabama Athletics Department is seeking an Assistant AD for Athletic Communications. This position is responsible for all strategic communications within and for the Athletics Department, including media relations, public relations, and digital media.
- Orchestrating and managing organizational structure for strategic communications.
- Anticipating, advising, developing, and implementing communication and messaging strategies/tactics and policies/procedures.
- Proactively adapting to an ever-changing strategic communications landscape to ensure efficient operations and maximum productivity.
- Oversight and execution of staff/student-athlete media and social media training.
- General oversight of coaches’ radio shows, radio announcers, and public address announcers.
- Oversight of all media relations activities, including press releases and press conferences, in-game statistics, live statistics, streams, as well as other broadcasts.
- Ensuring department messages are consistent and that all communication is timely and accurate.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of progressive experience in oversight and/or execution of strategic communications/public relations, preferably in a collegiate athletics setting.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate all strategic communication operations within a complex organization across various mediums.
- Demonstrated ability to convey department messaging accurately and concisely, which includes excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong computer skills and related software capability.
- Excellent management, organizational, analytical, and project management skills.