Serves as liaison between the University community and the media with regards to sports programs in an effort to obtain positive and frequent media coverage of all athletics programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Assistant AD serves as the University sports media liaison: developing story ideas, writing, distributing press releases and coordinating media attendance at campus sporting events.
- Coordinates team statistics for each program, Compiles season and career statistics and records for all teams as well as reporting statistics.
- Performs statistical analyses for all intercollegiate sports teams.
- Responsible for staffing to cover home athletic events, including a game program, organizing relevant statistics, and reporting to media.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Athletics Website (currently PrestoSports)
- Writes and submits for publication creative and promotional articles regarding the athletic programs for public relations and recruiting purposes.
- Coordinates nomination process of student athletes for conference and NCAA awards.
- Responsible for managing broadcast/video/equipment for game day.
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and all work safety practices are followed.
Knowledge, Ability and Skills:
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and fostering best practices and policies to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and build an environment in which all members of the University community are treated with respect and dignity.
- Knowledge in broadcasting and video including production truck.
- Experience and/or knowledge with Stat Crew, Live Stats(Genius) and PrestoSports.
- Experience with statistical information.