Under general supervision of the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs/Director of Intercollegiate Athletics (AVP/DIA), the Assistant Athletic Director for Athletics Communications(AAD-AC) plays a key role in the department of Intercollegiate Athletics (IA) and the broader campus community.
- Responsible for the overall leadership of the department of athletics communication program.
- Work within the mission of SUNY Oswego, Division of Student Affairs, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics to provide a competitive, unique, and memorable collegiate athletic experience for student-athletes.
- Support SUNY Oswego, Student Affairs, and IA's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Serve as contact for the department in matters of media relations.
- Responsible for the coordination and production of radio broadcasts, web streaming, and television.
- Coordinate daily maintenance and updating of the athletic department website.
- Coordinate content, as well as use and design of our web/social media presence for the department.
- Compile and distribute the results of athletic events to news media, home and away teams, and Sports Information Directors following the completion of contests.
- Develop annual publishing timeline for media content to include but not limited to feature articles, themed releases, social media campaigns.
- Coordinate and edit all departmental publications.
- Bachelor's degree, at the time of application.
- 1-3 years of progressive intercollegiate athletic experience.
- Working knowledge of NCAA Live Stats, Presto Stats, and other necessary statistical platforms.
- Working knowledge of Sidearm Sports.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite and/or other creative content development tools.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing diversity, equity, inclusion, wellness-related, and student success programming.