The Assistant Athletic Director (AD) of Athletic Development is responsible for helping to advance the fundraising and engagement strategic priorities of the Department of Athletics and Recreations at the University of Massachusetts Boston (UMass Boston).
Examples of Duties:
- Draft fundraising appeals and ensures proper athletic department branding on all external communications.
- Aid in the creation of a stewardship program for athletic focused donors.
- Provide leadership and supervision for the Annual UMass Boston Athletic Department Golf Outing.
- Provide leadership of the annual Senior Class Toast. Assist with the planning and execution of the UMass Boston Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Aid in the creation and execution of an Athletics specific giving day to generate support for the athletic department and individual athletic programs.
- Manage a small portfolio of donors and conduct 3-5 visits monthly. Provide leadership and training to coaches and staff on fundraising best practices.
- Work closely with head coaches to help meet program-specific fundraising goals and initiatives. Work closely with athletic administration and head coaches to develop and coordinate engagement events that engage a diverse group of constituents.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of proven fundraising experience in higher education or non-profit organization.