The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics Department is seeking a qualified Assistant Athletic Director for Athletic Performance. This position will report directly to the Associate Director of Athletics for Sports Medicine and will work only with Olympic Sports teams.
- Enable student-athletes to perform to their physical potential in their sports through the development and management of individual and group weight, strength, and fitness training programs.
- Develop programs by evaluating current physical conditioning, having knowledge of the various sports and associated exercises, tailoring strength programs for specific needs, demonstrating proper performance of exercises, and correcting mistakes.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that govern Athletic Performance.
- Follow and enforce departmental and NCAA guidelines regarding student-athlete health, safety, and well-being.
- Manage programs by monitoring progress and providing assessment of development.
- Utilize sports science technology when available and appropriate.
- Serve as the liaison to Sports Medicine and Sports Nutrition departments.
- Create and maintain the staffing of the weight room.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- 5-7 years of collegiate athletic/sports performance or comparable experience.
- Certified by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) or the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Current on CPR/AED and first aid certification.