Oakland University Athletics is a Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. Our Athletic Department is looking for a highly organized, driven and detail oriented individual to fill the position of Assistant Athletic Director for Athletic Training.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited professional athletic training education program or in a related field and five years certified athletic training experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Board of Certification (BOC) / National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification and ability to obtain Michigan State licensure.
- First Aid, AED, and CPR certification and Blood Borne Pathogens qualifications.
- Perform all job duties in a manner consistent with NCAA conference and University rules, regulations, ordinances, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- This position requires a high-level of initiative, follow-through, and problem-solving skills.
- This position requires the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Master’s degree from an accredited professional athletic training education program or in a related field.
- NCAA DI experience with multiple sport coverage.
- Certified to instruct First Aid, AED and CPR. A thorough understanding of budgeting, purchasing and processing insurance claims.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance policies.
- A strong professional presence, a focus on teamwork, effective written and oral communications skills.