Assistant Athletic Director for Business serving as a member of the senior administrative staff for the athletic department, the primary function of this position is to oversee the budget, procurement, and accounting for all department funds. The incumbent works with administrators and coaches on the management of current budgets, day-to-day business operations, long range financial planning, and human resources functions for the department.
- Develop and implement financial controls and operating procedures to ensure that the athletic department operates within the financial policies and guidelines at CUA.
- Manage the development, oversight, and reconciliation of all athletic department and related budgets, including p-card transactions.
- Oversee procurement, payment of invoices for goods and services, and process travel reimbursement and advances.
- Manage all payroll and part-time personnel actions on behalf of the department.
- Work in conjunction with the Office of Development to monitor fundraising accounts.
- Assist with ticket and game day operations as needed throughout the year.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports for distribution to coaches and staff, as well as the annual Department of Education EADA report, NCAA financial reports, and Landmark Conference financial reports.
- Assist with departmental long range financial planning and corporate sponsor cultivation and coordination.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with two (2) years’ experience working in a business or intercollegiate athletics setting.
- Proficiency in computer software applications: Word, Excel, Office.