Under the general direction of the Associate Athletic Director/CFO, the Assistant Athletic Director for Business is responsible for managing and controlling accounting, budgeting, auditing, and other financial or related functions to ensure the financial integrity of the Athletics Business Office. The incumbent coordinates and controls personnel and operational matters as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in all day-to-day business operations with the Athletics Business Office.
- Collects and analyzes financial and other statistical data for the preparation of financial and non-financial reports and establishes reporting deadlines for those providing data for these reports.
- Performs professional accounting work such as performing reconciliations, journal entries, schedules, and reports.
- Reviews and/or processes financial documents ensuring that transactions are accurate and complete, reported with acceptable accounting standards, and in accordance with University, State, Conference, and NCAA policies and procedures.
- Reviews, allocates, and reconciles University procurement card transactions monthly.
- Provides financial information to Associate Athletic Director/CFO.
- Works with coaches and prepares detailed budget reports on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with major course work in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- 3-5+ years of progressively responsible and related management experienc.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules/regulations.
- Experience with Banner Accounting systems.
- Proficient in communication and management skills.
- Advanced experience with spreadsheet and computer applications.