Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides consultation to athletics leadership and coaches regarding mental health and high performance of student-athletes.
- Serve as the athletics representative for mental health and performance to external-facing stakeholders.
- Work as part of an integrated treatment team, collaborating with athletic training, team physicians, sports dieticians, etc. as appropriate.
- Provides clinical and performance services to clients – individual, group/workshop, and online formats with an emphasis on treatment to student-athletes.
- Conducts and manages mental health assessments/screenings and makes recommendations for treatment modality.
- Generates/implements treatment plans from evidence-based approaches.
- Assists with crisis intervention and emergency services on-site and through on-call system.
- Doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program with state of Pennsylvania licensure as a Psychologist and Health Services Provider in Psychology within 12 months of employment.
- Licensure: Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Seven to ten years of experience (can include internship) providing mental health counseling and performance enhancement services to athletes.
- A minimum of five years in a university or college setting.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.