Bellarmine University's Athletic Department seeks applications for an Assistant Athletic Director for Communication. The Assistant Athletic Director for Communication serves as an institutional representative to the media for all athletic activities. The director also plans, organizes, and coordinates media relations activities for Bellarmine's intercollegiate athletic program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personnel management, overseeing 2-3 full-time staff members, student-staff, and independent contract employees.
- Serve as the lead multimedia liaison between assigned sports programs and external relations.
- Oversee game day coverage of Bellarmine Athletic events for statistics, photography, social media, and video and radio broadcasts.
- Design, write, and edit various communications materials, such as student-athlete bios, press releases, and feature stories for the department's website.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local, regional, and national media covering Bellarmine Athletics.
- Promote student-athletes and coaches for national and conference awards.
- Develop and maintain close contact with local media and those who cover Bellarmine Athletics; organize press conferences, set up individual interviews, respond to questions, issues press credentials, and provide results and statistics.
- Manage current and historical team information.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Advanced graphic design and non-linear editing skills.
- Familiar with web technologies, including basic HTML and CMS tools (such as SIDEARM).
- Advanced knowledge of statistical programs (such as NCAA Live Stats and StatCrew).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.